Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A Peak Inside the Swedish and French Inspired Jensen and Ballantine in London



On route to Portobello Market in London I came across a fabulous little shop called Jensen and Ballentine full of French and Swedish antiques, lovely artwork, and unique decorative items. There are also fabulous vintage and industrial items mixed in-between.  My kind of place, this was one of my absolute favorite shops in London. 

Gorgeous store front.  Love the Swedish colors against the backdrop of this richly colored, deep navy store front.  I love that dresser in the window and the mirror on top!
So many pretty things to choose from like French, antique chandeliers.  If only I lived in London, this would be a regular destination for me.

Beautiful mirror atop a marble fireplace surround.

Weathered shutters next to shimmering artwork-- playful contrast

They have great factory lights and many from Belgium

Funny (and comforting) to see an American flag in Europe

Soothing paint colors on the walls and furnishings.

I wish I could stay!



The sweet and smartly dressed shop owner was kind enough to let me snap a photo of her and her lovely wares.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment