Thursday, August 30, 2012

Shopping for Vintage Items for the Home in London: Elemental

I stumbled upon a wonderful store called Elemental while meandering through  Spitalfields Market in East London.  How I missed this antique and vintage treasure trove the first time I went to Spitalfields a couple months prior is beyond me, but there it was calling my name. 
 
They have a really unique collection of antique and vintage furnishings, lighting and mannequins. Some are presented as-is in their original splendor. Others are re-purposed by artists who breathe new life into old wares. Their lighting in particular caught my eye.  There are tons of great pendants downstairs so don't miss the slightly scary walk down there. 
 
If I lived in London, this would be one of my top lighting sources for sure and a regular destination for unique finds!
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Here is the kind woman who let me snap photos of this wonderful shop.  Interestingly, I often got rejected-- especially in Paris.  The shop owners said they don't want me to photograph their shop becuase people try to  imitate them.  Isn't imitation the best form of flattery?


 






 




Very cleverly constructed upcycled cabinets created by Rupert Blanchard - British Design Award Winner 2012



 

 


The scale of their pendant lighting is fabulous!



 
 
I hope you enjoyed my tour of this wonderful store!  It's at the top of my list the next time we are in London. Thank you, Elemental, for allowing us to tour your lovely shop.
 
Shop, 67 Brushfield Street, Old Spitalfields, London, E1 6AA

No comments:

Post a Comment